What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

i have problem with snmp port, default port 161 is used by another monitoring system and i need to u

Votes:

i have AP's and i installed prtg on server 2003 to monitor the AP , from the AP i configured the trap port to 163 and i need to enable port 164 for snmp instated to 161,

prtg snmp snmpv3

Created on Nov 26, 2012 6:40:44 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

If this is for standard SNMP sensors (not traps), you can define the port in case under the "SNMP Configuration" entry of the overlying device. In the case of Trap Receiver sensors, you can define the port within the sensor's settings.

Created on Nov 26, 2012 9:58:15 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.