What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Create own statistics? (Toplists)

Votes:

Hi.

I'm very happy with PRTG and the very simple and easy to use way how the different toplists are generated. But: is there a way to get the data out of PRTG and to create own usage statistics? My problem is that I would like to see traffic for each internal IP - but in total - and not separated by destination and/or protocol. So a simple list of internal IPs showing the total amount of data during the last 24 hours for example. I use a packet sniffer sensor which works great so the data is already there. But sometimes the default toplist makes it difficult to say "which machine takes the most bandwidth"?

Is this possible with PRTG?

Regards.

create script statistic toplist

Created on Nov 26, 2012 9:55:49 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I'm very sorry but the Toplists cannot be reported, but if you have Netflow Sensors filtering for certain IPs/Hosts then the normal sensor results can be reported and would also show bandwidth-amounts for certain IPs/hosts.

best regards

Created on Nov 26, 2012 3:17:41 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Using CSVExport you can export data from PRTG and use it in your own tool or use CSVImport to create your own graphs.

Regards,

Created on Nov 26, 2012 4:14:51 PM

Votes:

Create a new toplist, call it "Top IPs", select "Custom Toplist" and only enable "IP (combined") for "toplist based on". This toplist gives you the information of how many bytes each IP has consumed. Set the toplist "period" to 1440 to get daily data.

You can get toplist data as XML, click the "XML" link at the bottom of each toplists's data table. The URLs are similar to this:

http://myprtgserver/api/table.xml?&content=topdata&columns=position%2Cvalue_%2Cminigraph%2Cobjid%2Cbaselink&sortby=-value_2V&display=extendedheaders&subid=4&topnumber=-1&id=8663

id: The sensor ID topnumber: the toplist for an interval (-1 is live data), the problem apparently is to get those IDs for a specific timeframe. I need to check with the developer for details if you need this for automated scripting.

Created on Dec 2, 2012 9:03:44 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Votes:

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but has there been any development in being able to get the list of topnumbers and potentially the timestamps that that list contains?

Created on Jan 7, 2015 5:42:51 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.