What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

interface not showing up

Votes:

I have Paessler pull snmp stats from a Cisco switch and some of the interfaces are not displayed in Paessler. Any ideas what I am missing? Thx

interface snmp-sensor statistic

Created on Nov 26, 2012 4:29:34 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Was the device added by the Auto-Discovery? Are all interfaces listed when you add SNMP Sensors manually?

best regards.

Created on Nov 26, 2012 6:02:14 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

yes to auto-discovery. I did not try to add them manually.

Created on Nov 26, 2012 6:11:17 PM

Votes:

The Auto-Discovery only adds SNMP Traffic Sensors for interfaces with traffic over 0, so any other interface will not get sensors (unless you run another, maybe scheduled, Auto-Discovery). Manually adding the sensors should give you a list of all interfaces though.

Created on Nov 26, 2012 7:23:42 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The link that is missing is the main link where all the traffic is going through.

Created on Nov 26, 2012 7:40:09 PM

Votes:

Even when adding the sensors manually?

Created on Nov 26, 2012 8:23:04 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.