What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Probe randomly stops reporting and detected as new probe requiring authorization

Votes:

Hello, I have a remote probe and a sysadmin at the remote site didn't know what it was and uninstalled it. I had already set up the probe so I tried to use the same probe gid and it was working OK but now it is showing up as a new probe and wants me to approve it. It's also put the probe's IP in the deny list saying "old probe." What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

gid installation probe

Created on Nov 28, 2012 5:45:53 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

When you delete a Probe in PRTG (in the webinterface) the IP will automatically be added to the "Deny IP"-List in the Probe management page. You need to remove it there again.

Created on Nov 29, 2012 2:51:07 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The remote probe was only uninstalled once. Now it shows up as a new probe every time the core service is restarted and the old probe node goes to disconnected status. Is this because I re-used the same GID? I thought I read in the docs that would connect the probe to the same disconnected probe in the web console.

Thanks

Created on Nov 30, 2012 7:23:41 PM

Votes:

I'm afraid then please approve the new probe, and move all the child devices/groups from the old to the new probe.

Created on Dec 3, 2012 2:54:20 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.