What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

how can i hide groups from viewing by some users or groups

Votes:

i dont found a way to deny read access to some groups of sensors

access group prtg

Created on Nov 29, 2012 2:02:59 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

this can be done with the Access Right 'None' on the device or group that you don't want to be seen by the users.

best regards.

Created on Nov 29, 2012 4:15:57 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

From the WebGUI, open one of the groups you want to deny read access on.

Click Settings

Uncheck the box next for Inherit Access Rights

From here, you can change the rights by User Group.

Options are None, Read, Write, and Full.

Change the rights for the group you want to deny read access to to none.

Regards,

Created on Dec 4, 2012 5:45:22 AM

Votes:

What about if you are using AD Groups? These are not listed in the Access Rights list, so you cannot define granular ability to do this.

Created on Dec 7, 2012 5:56:41 PM

Votes:

That's not correct. AD-User groups that are linked with a PRTG-User group do appear this way as well in the Access Rights.

Created on Dec 10, 2012 1:11:02 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

its real tricky. some object seems to be visible but a click brings a error-message ... I use prtg-groups not ad-groups

Created on Dec 20, 2012 4:18:17 PM

Votes:

Can you maybe send us a few screenshots showing this via email to [email protected]?

Created on Dec 20, 2012 5:15:48 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.