What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Incorrect detection speed

Votes:

When I tested bandwidth my network, I was monitoring two clients who made a load and a switch. Each clients showed about 950 Mb, but switch shows about 400 Mb. After changed the Scanning Interval from 60 seconds to 30 seconds, I can see a real bandwidth on switch.

bandwidth-monitoring prtg snmp

Created on Nov 30, 2012 11:48:39 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

This very much looks like an overflow issue. Please make sure that the parent device to this sensors is set to SNMP v2c, then add the sensors again. Do they (the new sensors) show proper results now with 60 seconds as scanning interval?

Created on Nov 30, 2012 5:01:41 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I removed a device, made a new device, set to SNMP v2c and a Scanning Interval to 60 seconds. And I see again an old result. If need I can make a screen shots.

Created on Dec 3, 2012 7:20:07 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.