What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Logon failure: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource ...(1219) (code: PE029)

Votes:

Hi new to PRTG Network Monitor and I can't find how to reverse what I have done or how I did this any help to point me in the correct direction would be grateful.

I get the following error on one of my sensors,

Logon failure: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the sane user, using more that one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again (1219) code: (PE029)

logon-failure pe-code pe029 prtg share

Created on May 6, 2010 1:42:52 PM

Last change on May 23, 2011 2:48:30 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This error means that the computer running the PRTG probe tries to open two or more SMB connections to the same host using different credentials. This is not allowed by the SMB protocol.

It most likely happens when another program is already connected to that host when PRTG is trying to connect. Please make sure this is not the case on the computer running the PRTG probe.

It also might be that you've configured at least two SMB file/share sensors (devices) with different credentials which try to monitor the same share or computer. Please use identical credentials for all SMB sensors on the same host.

Kind regards,

- Volker

Created on May 6, 2010 2:17:25 PM by  Volker Uffelmann [Paessler Support]

Last change on May 6, 2010 2:38:00 PM by  Volker Uffelmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you, i have setup 400 sensors in my trial and this was the only one that had this error, i searched but could not find how or why and could not understand what was happening. I resolved the problem by rebooting the PRTG server all look well now.

Created on May 6, 2010 6:48:56 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.