What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Access violation at address xxx in module 'PRTG Probe.exe'.

Votes:

Hi, I've recently upgraded PRTG to version 12.4.6.3313 (64 Bit) since the update i'm getting an error on one of the linux server the ssh disk free sensor reports "Access violation at address 004067DE in module 'PRTG Probe.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFF" error. I've tried to restart the linux machine but no luck.

please advise

thank you, Oren

error-messages linux ssh

Created on Dec 4, 2012 12:43:37 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
may you try recreating the sensor? Does the issue persist?
Best regards

Created on Dec 4, 2012 2:20:34 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

yes, same error

Created on Dec 4, 2012 2:23:27 PM

Votes:

Hi,
please try first updating to the most recent version of PRTG. It is available as download from the Custom Center.
Any changes after the update?

Created on Dec 4, 2012 2:27:59 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

i've just updated prtg to version 12.4.7.3475, still getting the error. also try to create the sensor again

Created on Dec 9, 2012 9:52:27 AM

Votes:

Hi,
please send your PRTG logs to [email protected] and refer to this case.
Logs can be found here:

XP/2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs (System)

Vista and later: C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs (System)

Created on Dec 10, 2012 7:01:57 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.