What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Administrative Rights Granularity

Votes:

Running PRTG9. Will soon be upgrading to PRTG12

Here's my scenario. We have certain engineers who can add, modify, and remove sensors. I have another group which I would like to only be able to pause sensors as well as their normal "Read Only User" rights.

From what I am reading it seems that the existing setup allows you to only have "read only rights" or "full administrative rights". Is this correct?

prtg-groups read-only-user read-write-user users

Created on Dec 4, 2012 3:48:44 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

it also depends on the access rights set on the group/device/sensor. These can be set to None, Read, Write, Full. Only Full will be 'full administrative rights' to the object incl. deleting. 'Write' will not allow deleting in contrast. Read & None are probably clear.

best regards.

Created on Dec 4, 2012 5:48:56 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.