What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

monitoring

Votes:

we have network monitoring 7 and I am filling in for the guy that configured prtg. i have a wan location that is performing poorly. I would like to monitor the router to see which windows hosts on that subnet are generating accessive or unwanted traffic, is that possible? There is a sensor configured but it is only showing utilization for the entire site not broken down by host!

hosts monitoring prtg

Created on Dec 4, 2012 8:38:54 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

There is no simple answer to this question. The approach depends completely on the setup and topology of your network as well as the software and hardware used. Please have a look at the following article: How do I discern excessive bandwidth usage with PRTG?

best regards.

Created on Dec 5, 2012 2:24:20 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.