What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Order channel in Sensor

Votes:

Is it possible to order the channels appearing in a sensor ? I want Channel 1 to be top of the stacked graph, then Channel2 then Channel3 etc...

Any idea?

thanks

channel custom-sensor sensor

Created on Dec 5, 2012 8:17:00 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
I'm afraid it is not possible to sort the channels manually. The channels are sorted based on the channel ID which is a fixed value and can be seen on the tab "Channels" of each sensor.
Best regards

Created on Dec 5, 2012 1:01:34 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi there,

old question, but:

Obviously channels aren't sorted based on the Channel ID by default anymore.

In web interface I have to sort them by ID on each sensor overview page visit. In desktop app the sorting will be at least saved until I start the app again - next morning..

We have a lot XML sensors where we arrange the channels in meaningful orders. Unfortunately they will always be sorted by name afterwards.

Do I miss a setting or has channel sorting be changed?

Regards Carsten

Created on Dec 2, 2020 10:39:03 AM

Votes:

Hi Carsten,

I have to tell you that we currently sort the Channels by name. Unfortunately there is no way to change this permanently. The argument, why we sort by name, is, that we are human beings that are usually better at finding something by name, than by number.

Kind regards,
Matthias Kupfer - Team Tech Support

Created on Dec 3, 2020 9:26:30 AM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.