What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Trying to PING a website uptime

Votes:

I setup a sensor under the "Websites" section to monitor a website we have for uptime, primarily to notify us if the site ever goes down. I receive a "Connection Refused (socket error # 10061)" error. The site is an HTTPS site but I just want to ping it. I have a PING setup to the internal server housing the site but we have multiple sites and would like to know if one of the sites goes down specifically (instead of just the whole server).

How can I monitor a site and get it to work?

http ping prtg

Created on Dec 7, 2012 8:07:29 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

please use a simple HTTP sensor.

Created on Dec 9, 2012 7:11:26 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

That is the sensor I was using but I receive the "Connection Refused (socket error # 10061)" error.

The site is an HTTPS site. Any other input?

Created on Dec 10, 2012 5:02:05 PM

Votes:

what URL are you trying to monitor?

maybe send your answer to [email protected].

Mention the KB article!

Created on Dec 10, 2012 7:55:13 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.