What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I change scanning interval

Votes:

Is there way to change to scanning interval to less than 30 seconds? I am missing significant events that are happening during that 30 second period. Your old PRTG Traffic Grapher allows me to set scanning intervals as low as 5 seconds.

prtg6 scan-interval sensor

Created on Dec 11, 2012 6:24:37 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Under Setup | System Administration | Monitoring, head to the "Scanning Intervals" heading, then click in the field containing the available scanning intervals. You can now enter your own preference, for example, "15s" for 15 seconds, "10m" for 10 minutes, etc. Once you save, these intervals will be available for selection.

There are a few other things you should consider when adjusting the Scanning Intervals below the recommended 30s, please see this in-depth article: I wondered if I can create a scanning interval less than 30 seconds? If so how can I do that

Created on Dec 11, 2012 6:53:21 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Last change on Jul 29, 2016 8:56:11 AM by  David Fabian [Paessler Support] (50) 3 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.