What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I use PowerShell 64-bit with new version of PRTG

Votes:

I did upgrade PRTG Network Monitor to version 12.4.6.2330 (64-bit). Can I use Powershell 64-bit to create custom sensors with out x86 conversion first? Or I need to do it the old way? Thank you. Tanya.

custom-sensor powershell prtg12

Created on Dec 12, 2012 11:28:13 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
as only the PRTG core is 64 bit but not the probe which actually calls the script it is not possible yet using the native 64 bit powershell.
But it is possible to use the 64 bit powershell with a little tweak.
Best regards

Created on Dec 13, 2012 8:02:26 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Tanya,

had the same "issue". I did some quick'n'dirty workarround since I were not able to get the tweak run as it always returned a 32-bit-process.

1. Create a .cmd-file in the exexml custom sensor folder of prtg
  2. Write this into the file: @"%SystemRoot%\Sysnative\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" -File <fullpathtoyourscript>.ps1
  3. Create a custom exexml-sensor and choose the just created batch to be processed

That's it ... hth!

Created on Nov 12, 2014 1:30:36 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.