What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

wireless router

Votes:

Hi I have spent a couple of days playing with PRTG and it is a fabulous package. Please could you help in that: I have a tp link wireless router and I bypass through this to my computer. The program set up with my computer being monitored perfectly, however, I have 3 other computers that are connected via wireless. How do I connect these wireless connections.

thanks for any help. ps. I am only %50 techy.

conection router wireless

Created on Dec 14, 2012 5:15:20 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid that may not be so easy. PRTG does not have native WiFi-Sensors. Theoretically you could install a Remote Probe on each of the other computers and then use a Packet Sniffer on each "Probe Device".. Or monitor the router with SNMP, if it is capable of SNMP.

best regards.

Created on Dec 17, 2012 12:01:23 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the info

Created on Dec 21, 2012 6:28:55 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.