What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Removing single Alerts

Votes:

Hi, actually i am trying, testing PRTG, monitoring IIS, LDAP, SQLDB .. different components from a single application.

During monitoring IIS i've made an iisreset.. so the next entry was over 3 sec and ruined my graph. The Diagram is scaled to show the 3sec entry but i can't see any other entry's anymore, they are just a green line at the bottom..

How can i remove this singe record \ altert ?

Danke und Gruß Daniel Daxberger

record remove single

Created on Dec 19, 2012 8:16:48 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

you can try removing single spikes in monitoring values with the Spike Filter in the Channel Settings of a sensor.

best regards.

Created on Dec 19, 2012 12:05:05 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The Spike Filter will ignore future peaks, but does not work for peaks, that are still recorded..

Created on Dec 19, 2012 12:55:32 PM

Votes:

This is not correct, it may be necessary to recalculate the graph cache though:

• Open the PRTG Server Admin-Tool and on the tab Memory Usage check the Recalculate Cache now-Checkbox and confirm this with OK.
  • Wait until the cache is fully recalculated and the historic graphs filled again with data.

Created on Dec 19, 2012 1:28:01 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.