What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Schedules to pause monitors

Votes:

Hello, i would like to have any suggestion on pausing monitors with undetermined times. We happen to run deployments on Network balanced servers (web servers) at different given times, every time i do a deployment i have to pause each device individually as well as all related websites to such servers in case of a required machine restart. In average the paused sensors are around 50 or more, depending on the type of deployment, the servers involved and the websites related. All the websites are in a group but they are not divided per application or anything since we only wanted to have a simple group of websites. For fact this takes a lot of time to pause all the monitors required. I thought about adding an schedule for each kind of deployment without having a specific time entered for it, that way i could use it when needed only, but after created one without adding the times and set it up on a device for testing, it paused the device and all its sensors even if i didnt set up a time on it.

If you all have any suggestions on how to approach this please let me know, its not urget but it can save me some time for sure.

Thanks in advance.

monitor pause schedules

Created on Dec 19, 2012 5:20:48 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

would it be possible to use Tags here? To give the devices and sensors that are related the same tag, then in case a maintenance pause is imminent, get all sensors with this tag (Sensors->Sensors By Tag) and then pause them for xx minutes or use pause until.

best regards.

Created on Dec 19, 2012 5:27:03 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It worked perfectly for the purpose, Thank you so much.

Created on Dec 19, 2012 7:20:46 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.