What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

snmp Linux disk free channel names?

Votes:

I wanted to adjust the channel names in the snmp linux disk free sensor so they display the mount point instead of the device id.

Going back to the status screen shows that all the channels I renamed now have no data receiving and all new channels were created for the device id's again. ??

Free Bytes / 0 MByte Free Bytes /home 0 MByte Free Bytes /tmp 0 MByte Free Bytes /usr 0 MByte Free Bytes /var 0 MByte Free Bytes cciss/c0d0p1 36,455 MByte Free Bytes cciss/c0d0p2 106,134 MByte Free Bytes cciss/c0d0p3 106,360 MByte Free Bytes cciss/c0d0p6 7,506 MByte Free Bytes cciss/c0d0p7 198,558 MByte

Am I not able to rename the channel for some reason?

Thanks, Chuck

channels disk-free name snmp-sensor

Created on Dec 19, 2012 7:34:20 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Entering a new channel name does not replace the name of the old channel, seeing as channels (per ID) cannot be deleted / modified. Entering a new name adds a new channel. As such, I'm afraid that yes, it is not possible to change the channel name.

Created on Dec 19, 2012 8:04:26 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

OK, maybe you guys should make that field also unable to edit like the ID. ;-)

Now I have these extra channels I've added but no way to delete them without doing the whole sensor over again.

Created on Dec 19, 2012 8:11:41 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.