What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Templates not applying

Votes:

I created a template of a device. But when I apply the template to other devices the sensors are not added. Its very simple and all sensors are supported.

They are...

Ping CPU Load Memory Hard Drive Space (multi)

modify-templates sensors template

Created on Dec 20, 2012 10:33:20 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

is it correct that not a single sensor was created after adding the template?

Which PRTG Version you have installed?

Could you please send your template file to [email protected] and refer to this case.

Best Regards.

Created on Dec 25, 2012 1:28:49 PM by  Thomas Wormser [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 27, 2013 7:59:56 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Even though this is an old post. I have the same problem. Should I mail to?

Created on May 5, 2014 2:28:05 PM

Votes:

Yes please submit a ticket to [email protected]

Created on May 5, 2014 2:39:12 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is there any solution on this Problem?

I'm re-building our PRTG-Servers after new installation of Server 2012R2. Before that I created Templates from several special configured Servers.

After the Installation of PRTG I tried to build an Auto-Discovery Group based on one of the Templates with Machines based on "List of individual IP's...".

There is only the "Ping" Sensor after Auto-Discovery but nothing else...

And this was working before new installation.

Any help is appreciated Regards

Created on Sep 25, 2015 11:04:08 AM

Votes:

The issue with templates being used and only seeing a ping sensor is usually that the protocol that was used in the template isn't turned on on the new servers or something has changed on the server that won't allow PRTG to create the same sensors so it will only create the ping sensor.

This is unfortunately a very specific problem since most of the time the template and the machines that it is being used on are at fault but each custom template is different so it's hard to say why no sensors are being created. Please send us as much information about the templates or the templates themselves that you are trying to use in a ticket like the others above and give us any information that you can about the systems being monitored and we will see if we can help.

Created on Oct 5, 2015 5:05:09 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Actually i have the same problem and imho & in customers view it Looks like old Firmware Releases -> Cisco iOS update recommended in this case ;-)

Created on Jul 10, 2017 1:50:49 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.