What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Visualization of network status

Votes:

Is it possible to configure the display of network device icons on maps, depending on the state of its sensors?

maps sensors visualization

Created on Dec 26, 2012 10:59:28 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,
you might have a look at this thread where the same topic is discussed. There is a Map Object which changes its background depending on the state of the sensors.
Best regards

Created on Dec 28, 2012 8:14:35 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 28, 2012 12:25:37 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

could you please elaborate a bit on what you want?

Best regards.

Created on Dec 26, 2012 2:03:52 PM by  Volker Uffelmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I want to: I have a map. Map present devices as icons. When all of the sensor device in the order - icon made ​​in green. When the device has a sensor with a warning - the device icon is yellow. When one of the sensors reports a failure - the icon turns red.

English is not my native language :(

Created on Dec 28, 2012 6:52:13 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,
you might have a look at this thread where the same topic is discussed. There is a Map Object which changes its background depending on the state of the sensors.
Best regards

Created on Dec 28, 2012 8:14:35 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 28, 2012 12:25:37 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you very much :)

Created on Dec 28, 2012 11:06:15 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.