What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Services needed for autodiscovery

Votes:

Hello to all, i have a question as part of my hardening several services were disabled, now i cant get PRTG to find some servers i know are up and running, do you know which services are needed for PRTG to recognize those?

autodiscovery prtg services

Created on Dec 26, 2012 8:22:35 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,
there is no general list of services which are needed to use the auto discovery as this strongly depends on the device type. For more information you might have a look at the Auto-Discovery section in the manual where the functionality of the Auto-Discovery is addressed.
Best regards

Created on Dec 27, 2012 8:33:22 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.