What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PE192 "No IP SLAs available" when trying to add a Cisco IP SLA sensor

Votes:

Hi,

I have the issue when trying to add a Cisco IP SLA sensor that in step 2 of 2 under IP SLA Specific, the message No IP SLAs available appears.

Why I click continue, I get this error message:

Oops... Nothing was selected, no sensors could be created.

The PRTG version I'm using is 12.4.7.3506, the trial license I'm using is expired. Maybe that is part of the issue?

cisco-ip-sla ipsla pe192 snmp

Created on Jan 2, 2013 9:22:01 AM

Last change on Jan 17, 2023 9:37:04 AM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Votes:

you can request another trial key and extend your trial that way.

But that is probably not the cause of the issue.

Is SNMP working in general on the device, and are IPSLAs configured on the Cisco device?

Created on Jan 2, 2013 9:31:13 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It is working now. The trick is to first enable SNMP and IP SLA on the Cisco device and then add the IP SLA sensor in PRTG.

thanks.

Created on Jan 2, 2013 10:24:41 AM

Votes:

Currently, there's a known-limitation on the new Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Firewalls which prevents them from reporting SLA metrics via SNMP, this means that trying to monitor these devices always results in:

No IP SLAs detected on this device. (code: PE192)

Please refer to Cisco's Bug Search for a current status on the subject, the ID is CSCui53368.

Status as of 29/06/2016:

Description

Symptom: The ASA does not currently support polling any OIDs to track IP SLA information via SNMP.

Conditions: This is an enhancement request to track the possibility of adding a MIB for this feature in a future release.

Workaround: N/A

Details

Last Modified: Mar 10,2016

Severity: 6 Enhancement

Known Affected Releases: 8.4(5)

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Jun 29, 2016 7:17:27 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hello,

Just wondering if there is a work around for a Cisco 5520 device? I looked up the cisco bug and its been closed.

Created on Aug 3, 2017 1:09:55 AM

Votes:

Hello gkim,
thank you for your reply.

I'm afraid that there are no workarounds if the relevant MIB isn't implemented/supported by the SNMP Agent. I encourage you to ask that question to Cisco's support, as to why they have decided to not implement this for this device. According to the CSCui53368: No release planned to fix this bug

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Aug 3, 2017 1:03:52 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.