What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

filter by device tags

Votes:

2 questions,

1. Is there a way to create a device group with autodetect based on device tags.

What I would like to do is just have a group for say Printers, and any device that gets a tag with Printer is automatically listed in that group. I would do the same for UPS's, Servers, Switches etc... Auto group by any tag in the tag list.

2. Along the same lines, can I display all the tags a device currently has without having to go into the device settings? Maybe something in the right area like the graphs.

Thanks, Chuck

auto-discovery devices groups tags

Created on Jan 2, 2013 7:50:11 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

1. That would exactly be the "play ground" for Libraries. Add one that filters for this particular tag.

2. Sorry, this not possible (apart from the "Settings"-Tab of course).

best regards.

Created on Jan 3, 2013 11:42:56 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 3, 2013 11:43:09 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.