What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to generate automated report of server uptime?

Votes:

I would like to generate a report that shows the uptime (days since last reboot) of all Windows machines in our domain. I have created a report using the tag filter, but it isn't sorted by uptime. Our goal is to quickly see which servers/workstations that have not been rebooted in X number of days.

Thanks

reboot uptime wmiuptimeserver

Created on Jan 2, 2013 9:05:06 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Scott,

a report might be tricky here, because it uses averages, but for your purposes the realtime values of the sensors now may suit you better. So how about a table on a map maybe that filters only WMI Uptime Sensors and sorts according to the last value?

best regards.

Created on Jan 3, 2013 12:07:04 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for the response. How do you go about making a table on a map report and where do I tell it to sort by last value. I currently have the report set to use "List of sensors (no graphs)" template. I have added sensors by tag, using "wmiuptimesensor". I set "Reported Period" to "Current" and "Report Period Type" to "Day".

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Created on Jan 4, 2013 7:44:08 PM

Votes:

Scott, I'm afraid may 'instructions' were not clear. I did not refer to a 'Report', but a Map, that's two different things. The report you have, cannot be sorted, and it faces the issue with the averages, if a target server was rebooted just today.

Created on Jan 7, 2013 12:39:52 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.