What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

gmail mail check "connect get Error connecting with SSL. EOF was observed that violates the protoco

Votes:

i have mail checks through gmail imap that work almost a 4 months and in last 4 days i start to get this error message, "Error connecting with SSL. EOF was observed that violates the protocol" and to get alerts without no reason for error i want to know. why this problem came? and how to resolve her?

email error gmail

Created on Jan 6, 2013 6:59:58 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Are you getting this error in the Enterprise Console? If so, please update to the latest release - this should eliminate the issue.

Created on Jan 7, 2013 10:44:08 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

I already did last update before 2 days and it not helped to much i steal get this errors. it connect from consule

Created on Jan 7, 2013 11:22:54 AM

Votes:

Please forward us a screenshot of the error in case (and where it is showing up) to [email protected]. Please refer to this thread to keep the case history together.

Created on Jan 7, 2013 12:17:39 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Have you checked that it is not a key length issue? New browser (and MS) security requirements enforce SSL certificates be a minimum 1024-bit key in length.

If you cannot configure/request the server meed this minimum, consider the following workaround for bypassing on the client side: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2661254

From an admin command prompt, execute: certutil -setreg chain\minRSAPubKeyBitLength 512

Created on Oct 24, 2013 4:39:09 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.