What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I send notifications with PRTG using Lync?

Votes:

I want to use my Microsoft Lync Server to send out PRTG notifications. How can I achieve this?

custom-notification instant-messaging lync microsoft notifications prtg server

Created on Jan 7, 2013 3:20:48 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Jan 7, 2013 3:26:29 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 12 or later

Configure PRTG for Microsoft Lync Server

Using PRTG's Execute Program notifications function, you can use external software to send messages. Using this option, one of of customers successfully set up PRTG to send notifications using a MS Lync server (thanks, Neil, for giving us this hint!).

Neil used a Technet article with detailed descriptions. For details, please see:

Send an Instant Message from a Script | This article at archive.org

Note: This article is intended for your information only. Please understand that we cannot provide technical support for third-party software.

See Also

How can PRTG send instant messages to Jabber, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, etc., using external software?

Created on Jan 7, 2013 3:26:05 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Feb 3, 2020 8:39:25 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

Hello!

We use "Skype for Business 2015" as corporate messanger and conferencing. Our Skype has a connector to our PBX (Phone station) and we can make a voice calls to any phone numbers. Is there any chance that we can use our Skype for Business as Phone Calls notificator from PRTG Alerts? What i need for this?

Thank you!

Created on Jan 31, 2020 1:31:17 PM

Votes:

Hello Vasiliy,

Unfortunately, there are no native option for this. You may be able to do this with a custom script, and by using the "Execute program" like suggested above.

Created on Feb 3, 2020 2:39:38 PM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.