What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can SSH Sensors return multiple values?

Votes:

I wrote a bash script that checks if a process is running or not and the script works fine but I would like to make another version of the script that can check multiple processes to see if they are running and return the the result of each process check in a separate channel.

It seems that XML responses with multiple values are only supported for certain types of custom sensors (not SSH).

Could you confirm that there is no way to return multiple values (channels) in an SSH Script Sensor? Are there any plans to improve the SSH Script Sensor to allow this?

custom-sensor multiple-channels ssh ssh-script xml-response

Created on Jan 7, 2013 4:06:53 PM

Last change on Aug 10, 2018 10:14:06 AM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear Matt,

it is possible to return multiple values since we introduced a new sensor called 'SSH Script Advanced'. It was released in the stable version 12.4.7.3474/3475 on December 5th 2012. It is necessary to store the scripts under /var/prtg/scriptsxml/ .

Kind regards

Created on Jan 7, 2013 4:42:11 PM by  Dieter Loskarn [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 10, 2018 10:15:44 AM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks! I'm running 12.3.4.2994 so I will have to wait until I upgrade.

Created on Jan 7, 2013 5:52:04 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.