What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Support for IPFIX

Votes:

Hello,

Will there be support for IPFIX? I see all sorts of Netflow sensors availabilities, but none for IPFIX.

ipfix monitoring-data nortel prtg wishlist

Created on May 12, 2010 11:16:48 AM

Last change on May 26, 2010 1:47:57 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Although there are considerations to include IPFIX in PRTG, I'm afraid there are no near-future plans to this extent. In this sense, we would be hard-pressed to let you know when such a functionality will be available.

Created on May 12, 2010 12:21:43 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

What can of probe can be use to convert IPFIX (v10) to NetFlow v9 ?

There is pmacc or nprobe.

What do you recommend ?

Created on Mar 28, 2013 10:56:26 AM

Votes:

Seeing as we have no actual experience with these tools (we're guessing you mean "pmacct"), I'm afraid we cannot really say which one would be the better option - or if the converted data will be readily usable with PRTG. Perhaps someone else has tried or, if you try yourself, you could let us know which is easier / more compatible to use with PRTG.

Created on Mar 28, 2013 1:33:24 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.