What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

filtering MPLS Tunnel Virtual Interface only

Votes:

Dear Support,

I have a cisco router acting as BRAS (having broadband pppoe subscribers) due to which it creates more than 10,000 virtual-interfaces on the router. I want to plot & monitor only some Tunnel Type interfaces (MPLS Tunnel Virtual Interface) and ignore rest of the thousands of interfaces. How can i do it?? If i select SNMP Traffic sensor , it take ages to bring the output and present a extremely long list.

Is there anyway to filter only specific interface types out of the Interface snmp query???

filter-interface-query mpls-tunnel-virtual-interface snmp-traffic

Created on Jan 8, 2013 6:25:54 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

please try using the Start Port and End Port - fields in the SNMP Compatibility Options (Settings-tab) of the device (in PRTG) to reduce the range of ports for adding the sensors: http://www.abload.de/img/prtgnetworkmonitorxpph4eia.png

best regards.

Created on Jan 8, 2013 3:21:29 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.