What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG with Juniper

Votes:

Is there a specific way that I am meant to setup Juniper equipment with PRTG, currently I can access all of the interfaces on our Juniper switches. However when I try and access specific OID objects for CPU temperature and power supply etc it does not work - showing 0% memory usage (which is obviously incorrect).

In addition I have a question about the number of sensors per node - would 1000 sensors (for interfaces) off a single probe be ok?

juniper oid prtg snmp

Created on Jan 9, 2013 9:32:10 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

did you check or consult with Juniper already? Which OIDs are you using? You can use our SNMP Tester to assist the testing. So far we are not aware of any special setup options for Juniper devices to work with PRTG.

best regards.

Created on Jan 9, 2013 1:13:43 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hey,

did you know? As of version 15.2.16, PRTG has an SNMP Juniper System Health Sensor out of the box. Try it out!

Best

Created on Apr 27, 2015 12:04:25 PM by  Martina Wittmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Just new to prtg, i installed the newest version to monitor our Juniper switches, but i get errors: Could not find any matching data on this device. (code: PE187). Any help on this error ?

Is there a list of supported Juniper devices available, so that i am not monitoring that is not supported ..

Kind regards

Tom

Created on May 5, 2015 9:04:35 AM

Votes:

Hi Tom,

thank you for using PRTG! The error message you get means that your Juniper device is not supported by this sensor. Unfortunately, there is no list of supported Juniper devices because Juniper offers a great variety of devices which, however, work differently from each other.

Best regards

Created on May 5, 2015 4:09:47 PM by  Martina Wittmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.