What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Are there any plans to release an Android app?

Votes:

I would like to monitor things remotely on my Android smartphone.

android app notifications prtg

Created on May 12, 2010 12:54:19 PM

Last change on May 26, 2010 1:46:28 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

PRTG for Android

There is a native app available for Android 4.0 (or later) devices:

Created on May 21, 2014 4:49:27 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

16 Replies

Votes:

A web interface especially designed for mobile devices will be included in PRTG Network Monitor 8, tentatively scheduled for Q3, 2010.

Created on May 12, 2010 1:18:02 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

How is this coming along? If you could develop an Android app as well that would be great!

Created on Jul 28, 2010 9:23:40 AM

Votes:

Please have a look at the PRTG 8 Beta web page.

Created on Jul 28, 2010 9:31:24 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Thanks for that. I will probably just wait until September so I can install v8 on our production environment, but I would really like to have a native Android app like the iPhone has. To that end I have emailed Beyond-Content (Developers of the iPhone app) to ask them if they are going to make an application for the Android Market and will post their reply here once I have received it.

Created on Jul 28, 2010 10:34:35 AM

Votes:

Now that the new version has been released, where can I find the Android app???

..I'm drooling for this!!! :)

Created on Oct 6, 2010 6:43:09 PM

Votes:

Dear Jon,

as Patrick already mentioned, PRTG 8 offers a dedicated "Mini-HTML"-Interface for any smartphones such as Android devices, but there is no explicit Android App.

Best Regards.

Created on Oct 6, 2010 6:49:49 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi. Can you PLEASE make an android app for PRTG? Just like the iPhone app. The iPhone app is so much better to use on a phone than the mobile website.

So I hope that you will think about this again and make the Android app. Android is a huge plattform now, and I think you should make an app for it since you have one for the iPhone.

Ezekuel

Created on Oct 25, 2010 1:01:47 PM

Votes:

we are really thinking about it, but it is not as simple as it sounds.

it is already difficult to develop the iPRTG APP to work with the existing OS versions and the 3G 3GS and iPhone4.

It is even more difficult to do this for Android. To make it work on all the different OS versions and the different models (resolutions).

Created on Oct 26, 2010 7:02:04 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have a HTC Desire on v2.2 and a HTC Hero on v2.1 and would be happy to do some testing. I’m sure there are plenty of others that would do the same too, to help development of the app on Android.

Created on Oct 27, 2010 10:06:20 AM

Votes:

Dear James,

thank you for the offer. We have a few Android devices in house as well (a HTC Desire also, amongst others), but in the moment we are still in the conceptional phase of such an app. We are on it, we won't forget or ignore it, but for now, I can only ask you all to please bear with us. We know you want it.

Best Regards.

Created on Oct 27, 2010 2:45:32 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Also very interested in this, I have both a Galaxy Tab and HTC Desire to use this on!

Created on Nov 8, 2010 4:39:27 PM

Votes:

I also would like to see an app for the android. Let me know the status of the app. Thanks

Created on Feb 12, 2011 4:41:25 PM

Votes:

we are already working on it.

A first beta should be available in April.

Created on Feb 13, 2011 9:11:37 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It's good to hear that there is an Android App coming. Will this be a free version?

Created on Feb 22, 2011 9:27:11 PM

Votes:

We haven't decided yet if the app will be available in the Market for free. However, it won't be expensive.

Currently, we plan to provide multiple accounts support with background polling of alarms for all configured accounts (and notification in case of any alarms). In the first version, the actual data display will be realised with an embedded browser showing the "Mini HTML" interface. We will then wait for user feedback and decide on further functionalities.

Created on Feb 23, 2011 1:18:31 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

PRTG for Android

There is a native app available for Android 4.0 (or later) devices:

Created on May 21, 2014 4:49:27 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.