What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP over VPN stopped working

Votes:

I'll be honest that I had a time setting this up and don't remember a thing on how I did it but it was working for months and suddenly stopped working in December with no changes to any products other than a software update to PRTG. I tested SNMP with PRTG's tester and locally it works, remotely from the other side of the VPN it doesn't get any response from the firewall. Going to bounce the firewall tonight but can you think of anything else that would just make it stop communicating? Certainly wouldn't seem to the the PRTG update since the tester fails too.

Any references to getting SNMP over VPN working would be helpful as I'm sure I can't find my notes. Endpoints are Netvantas.

prtg snmp vpn

Created on Jan 9, 2013 10:39:41 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

The only thing we could think of is the firewall blocking the connection. We would suggest deactivate the firewall(s) briefly and check if you are able to connect that way.

Created on Jan 10, 2013 2:34:53 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.