What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Connecting PRTGDroid to remote server

Votes:

Hi, I tried Installing the PRTGDroid on my galaxy s3 but i keep getting an error message " cannot connect to PRTG Server". I have a server where the PRTG app is installed remotely. Are there additional settings or apps i need to install or make?

prtg prtgdroid snmp

Created on Jan 11, 2013 10:06:25 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

the Webserver of PRTG (on the remote machine) needs to be accessible from the outside. Is it? So can you access the webinterface with a normal browser (even from the Galaxy S3 as well)?

best regards.

Created on Jan 11, 2013 1:09:10 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have a new S3 and I am having the same problem. My old HTC Desire HD worked like a charm but the S3 gives this error. Is it a Certs verses Phone Browser problem? I use an alternate port to access my PRTG :4433 could that be it?

Matt

Created on Apr 11, 2013 7:18:30 AM

Votes:

In my case, I found that my PRTG web server was not supplying the Intermediate Certificates and thus the new Browsers were upset about this. Once I installed the Intermediate certs correctly it all came good.

Many thanks to PRTG support for there help with this.

Matt

Created on Apr 17, 2013 12:55:46 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.