What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Alarms associated with percentage changes

Votes:

Good morning,

We have alarms associated to exceed a defined threshold, for example, if the latency is greater than 100 ms. But now, I want to set an alarm if there is a variation in the value exceeding a percentage, eg 20%. For this, I use the unusual state and generate alarms when the status changes, but was not able to activate the unusual status. Is this a good solution? Is there any other?

Thank you very much for your help! Best Regards,

alarms help threshold unusual

Created on Jan 14, 2013 11:49:17 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

sorry, percentage-thresholds cannot be set I'm afraid. However you can set the "threshold" for the Unusual-Detection on the "System&Website"-Settings-Page. Please be aware though that the Unusual-Detection is a system that compares the current value to past values of the same time/day, it won't compare the current against the last value.

best regards.

Created on Jan 14, 2013 3:07:34 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.