What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

can you pull a Top Talker and Top Protocols report by interface and time period longer than 24 hours

Votes:

Trying to pull a Top Talker and Top Protocols by interface and time period longer than 24 hours. Currently I can only pull up to 24 hours.

report top-protocol top-talker

Created on Jan 15, 2013 4:25:10 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello, I'm very sorry but the Toplists cannot be reported. So it's not intended to have periods of 24 hours or longer on Toplists actually. But if you have Netflow Sensors filtering for certain IPs/Hosts then the normal sensor results can be reported and would also show bandwidth-amounts for certain IPs/hosts.

best regards.

Created on Jan 16, 2013 12:55:58 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 16, 2013 12:56:30 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This is a huge need for us - we often get inquiries about "who caused the Internet slowdown yesterday / last week?" Currently, I have no way of answering that without this reporting feature.

Created on May 2, 2013 5:51:02 PM

Votes:

Perhaps the following article can be of assistance: How do I discern excessive bandwidth usage with PRTG?

Created on May 2, 2013 6:27:23 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.