What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

No javascript in Device Tools->New Window with...

Votes:

When I try to access my devices using "New windows with http" from Device Tools, I get a message about lack of Javascript support: "Please ensure that your browser supports Frames and Javascript, and that they are both enabled." If I use the same browser directly to the device, I have no problems.

How can I enable Javascript support when using the "Device Tools->New window with.." feature?

device-tools javascript prtg service-url

Created on May 12, 2010 11:03:53 PM

Last change on May 26, 2010 1:25:05 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Sounds like an error message given by the web interface of your switches... Maybe They have a problem with the frameset PRTG creates for this. I have no solution for you at this time, sorry.

Created on May 15, 2010 8:27:16 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

3 Replies

Votes:

Hm, where does this error message come from? Is it shown by your web application?

Created on May 13, 2010 12:25:33 PM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Votes:

Yes, both in Firefox and Internet Explorer 8 on several computers. I get the errors when I try to access Cisco 2960 Switches and HP ProCurve 1800G switches.

Created on May 14, 2010 10:09:24 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Sounds like an error message given by the web interface of your switches... Maybe They have a problem with the frameset PRTG creates for this. I have no solution for you at this time, sorry.

Created on May 15, 2010 8:27:16 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.