What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Microsoft sql sensor timeout

Votes:

I can use SQL Server General Statistics from WMI SQL server 2008. But when I set Microsoft SQL sensor, always the result is "Timeout"

From MS SQL Server Management Studio, the username/password work well. so, I don't think it is the problem because of the account.

I typed my database name in "Database" field (not including domain/machine name).

What can cause this problem?

microsoft sensor sql

Created on Jan 21, 2013 10:33:21 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Please send an email to [email protected] mentioning this thread. In the mail, please include a screenshot of the sensor's settings.

Created on Jan 22, 2013 2:42:45 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Also, in case it is related, please have a look at Why does my WMI Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Sensor not work anymore?

Created on Jan 22, 2013 2:58:54 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Is there a solution to this. I seem to have the same issue.

My WMI SQL sensor works fine.

Created on Aug 30, 2013 9:34:03 AM

Votes:

Please also forward us a mail to [email protected], referring to this thread and providing a screenshot of the sensor's settings.

Created on Aug 30, 2013 9:43:06 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.