What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Disk Free Default Threshold Value for NetApp Disk Volumes

Votes:

We've upgraded to the latest version of PRTG that has support for a bunch of new NetApp snmp sensors.. One in particular I'm asking about is the NetApp disk free sensors.. When adding the sensors it pumps out all the volumes on the Netapp, which is fine, but it doesnt have any limits by default. Can this be changed? I would like it to default to a disk free limit of 3% so I dont have to go in and set them all manually. Is this possible?

disk-free netapp snmp

Created on Jan 23, 2013 3:55:50 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
I'm afraid this is not possible at the moment. Sorry.
You will have to do this manually for now but I have forwarded your request to the responsible developer.
Best regards

Created on Jan 23, 2013 8:37:52 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Until this decision is made we've got a tipp for you. You do not need to enter the channel limits for every filesystem. The NetApp System Health sensor does provide this information. If one of the filesystems in your NetApp is below 5% "FileSystem Overall Status" turns to warning state and if it is below 3% it turns to error state.

We hope this will help you in the meantime.

Created on Jan 28, 2013 11:09:12 AM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Votes:

We now added dafault limits to the SNMP NetApp Disk Free sensor. It will now per default turn to warning state if the free space is < 25% and to error state if it is below 10%.

This will most likely be part of version 13.1.3.x and will only work for sensor that will be added with the new version - existing sensors will not be affected.

Created on Jan 28, 2013 2:15:00 PM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.