What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Hyper-V Cluster Shared Vol. Disk Free

Votes:

I can not install "Hyper-V Cluster Shared Vol. Disk Free" sensor on any Hyper-V Cluster host.

.Net 4.0 is installed on PRTG Probe machine.

csv hyper-v prtg

Created on Jan 25, 2013 10:27:48 AM

8 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

which exact error do you get when you try adding the sensor? Or what exactly happens? Can you maybe upload some screenshots?

best regards.

Created on Jan 25, 2013 1:52:25 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I get this error when trying to add the sensor:

Sorry, the scan for available minitorin items has failed!

Error Message: Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: 'winrm quickconfig'. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.

Sensor Type: Hyper-V Cluster Shared Vol. Disk Free

Created on Jan 25, 2013 1:58:11 PM

Votes:

Hi, I'm having the same issues. Did you solved it?

Created on Feb 25, 2013 8:04:46 AM

Votes:

Also having the same issue.

Created on Feb 27, 2013 3:27:38 AM

Votes:

just to check, is the Remote Registry Service running on the target?

See: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/hyper_v_cluster_shared_volume_disk_free_sensor.htm

Created on Feb 27, 2013 1:06:52 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Yes, the remote registry is running on the Hyper-V hosts.

Created on Feb 27, 2013 2:28:45 PM

Votes:

I have the same issue. We followed this guide to enable remote powershell: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff700227.aspx

We also have .NET 4 installed on the probe server and are using Windows 2008 R2 as the probe. Our Hyper-v cluster is built on Windows 2012. We have 2 CSV Volumes. The user that we currently use for monitoring is a domain admin and has full admin access to the target.

Please let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks, Andreas

Created on Mar 26, 2013 4:38:13 PM

Votes:

Andreas, are the system that is running the PRTG probe and the target system in the same domain?
What Windows version is installed on both of those systems?
Did you run the "Enable-PSRemoting" with or without the -force parameter? We did encounter some problems with this sensor if you run command without the -force. We also would recommend using the WMI Volume sensor here, as the CSV-Sensor basically is designed to be an alternative if the WMI Volume sensor does not work. Both read the very same data.

Created on Mar 27, 2013 2:02:42 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.