What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

The Sophos Sensors are saying 'unknown' for certain desktops, but sophos is running fine on them. H

Votes:

Like I said in the title, some sophos sensor are down even if the sophos console reports nothing wrong and nothing is wrong on the actual computer. Why can't PRTG report properly with this?

failure sensors sophos

Created on Jan 28, 2013 10:32:35 PM

8 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

PRTG just reads the "Windows Security Center State" on the targets. So do these show an unknown for the installed Sophos as well? If so please try if the following Sophos-KB-Article does help: Sophos Anti-Virus: Unknown scanning status

Created on Jan 29, 2013 12:40:17 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This is my issue though, the problem is not on Sophos's side. The sophos client is properly installed on the PC and it is properly reporting back to the Enterprise Console. It is not, however, properly reporting back to PRTG. I did not even know there was a specific sensor for Sophos until I ran auto-complete on all my desktops. Each on of them now a designated sophos sensor, and only certain desktops are reporting back with no problems. The rest are unknown for no reason.

Created on Jan 29, 2013 2:42:10 PM

Votes:

Can you please upload a screenshot showing this?

Created on Jan 29, 2013 2:58:28 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Here is what I'm talking about

Created on Jan 29, 2013 3:06:34 PM

Votes:

And what does the "Windows Security Center" on these hosts state (not the Sophos Enterprise Console)?

Created on Jan 29, 2013 3:30:26 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'll have to get back to you on that.

Created on Jan 29, 2013 3:47:11 PM

Votes:

Ok, I believe I found what you were asking. Windows Security Center states that my Sophos status is on. "Sophos Anti-Virus reports that it is up-to-date and that virus scanning is on." But PRTG reports Warning- Sophos Anti-Virus is unknown.

Created on Feb 1, 2013 5:21:28 PM

Votes:

We'll need to look into this deeper, I'll contact you via email.

Created on Feb 4, 2013 2:39:45 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.