What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP Cisco ASA VPN Traffic sensor pr

Votes:

Hi all, I have a problem with SNMP Cisco ASA VPN Traffic sensor. It's working correctly on my ASA but it's not showing all VPN links. Any reason why this would not show up? Regards, Pawle

asa cisco prtg traffic vpn

Created on Jan 29, 2013 11:53:08 AM

9 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

which exact version of PRTG are you running? Can you upload some screenshots showing the discrepancy?

best regards.

Created on Jan 29, 2013 4:06:50 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

PRTG Network Monitor 12.4.6.3230 x64. Screenshots of what? PRTG or ASA? Cisco ASA is showing that 6 VPN connections are up and running (and I can run traffic through them) and when PRTG is collecting information and showing list of available VPN links it's only showing 5.

Created on Jan 29, 2013 4:13:40 PM

Votes:

Can you please update to the latest version 13.1.1 of PRTG. Does this then persist?

Created on Jan 29, 2013 5:57:40 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am having a similar issue with one of our ASA's and the only thing I can see that is different from other asa's is the Software version is 7.2(4) instead of 8.2(2) or 8.2(1). It could be a bug in the 7.2(4) firmware.

Created on Mar 28, 2013 9:12:06 PM

Votes:

Hello,

we could not yet reproduce that issue.

the VPN Traffic sensor only works vor IPsec VPN connections! no ssl (AnnyConnect) VPNs.

Does the VPN count sensor show the correct number of VPNs? It should count the number of VPN connections regardless of the type of VPN connection used.

Created on Mar 29, 2013 6:20:17 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have the same problem, the only difference I can see is the connection that is not showing properly is IKEv2, while other sessions are IKEv1. Can you comment?

Created on Apr 3, 2014 10:42:14 AM

Votes:

Just to add one more thing. When tunnel was updated to use IKEv1 it started to show up in PRTG. So definitely related to incompatibility with IKEv2.

Created on Apr 6, 2014 9:09:20 AM

Votes:

Could you please walk the OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.392.1.3 and send over the results to [email protected]? Also a list of the VPNs that should be showing would be quite helpful as well.

Created on Apr 9, 2014 10:45:57 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

You should be able to monitor IKEv2 Tunnels with this sensor. If it is not working, please tell us what firmware you are running on your Cisco ASA and also what version of PRTG you are currently running. Also post the logs from a walk on the OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.392.1.3 if possible.

Created on Jun 2, 2016 6:16:38 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.