What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I filter the traffic of an Interface using Netflow?

Votes:

Hi,

I know that I can use the "Interface" filter, however, the name of this Interface has a space and it seems that PRTG don't accept fields with spaces. This interface is the gateway of one of my network and I just want to monitor the traffic usage of IPs and what types of traffic consumes the bandwidth of this network. I am thinking of filtering all the IPs, meaning listing all the IP one-by-one, but there are a lot of IPs that I have to enter. May I also know if I can filter an IP using IP and subnet format? Or perhaps, can you give me any workaround to achieve this setup?

Thanks!

filter interface netflow

Created on Jan 30, 2013 6:40:22 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid the Interface filter generally only works with numerical entries, not textual. Filter Rules can use subnet format yes.

best regards.

Created on Jan 30, 2013 1:42:42 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.