What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Unusual state doesn´t work

Votes:

Hello, I´ve configured unusual state in some sensors but it doesn´t work. My sensor have a constant value in 100 and later it changes to 5000. Then, I think this sensor have to change to unusual state, but it remains like "available state". Which is the reason?

Thanks, Best Regards,

change status unusual

Created on Jan 30, 2013 3:05:09 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

how long is the high value of 5000 persisting? Only for 1-2 scans? Please bear in mind that the unusual detection bases on at least hourly averages (so it checks the last hourly average against past averages). Otherwise it would be constantly flickering.

best regards.

Created on Jan 30, 2013 5:11:47 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for your help. The sensor change the value every day, ie, if the sensor has a value equal to 100, at 00:00 changing to 5000. The next day at 00:00 switch back to 100. Then, the sensor status should change. Are we doing something wrong?

Best regards, Marta.

Created on Jan 31, 2013 11:54:11 AM

Votes:

If it's such a daily change, then this may not be so unusual. Can you maybe upload a screenshot showing the 30 days graph of this sensor? Also, to which exact setting is the Unusual Detection configured in the "System & Website"-Settings?

Created on Jan 31, 2013 12:40:14 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I´ve tried but I can´t attach you any document. Could I send you an email with the information?

Best regards, Marta.

Created on Jan 31, 2013 3:20:23 PM

Votes:

Yes of course, just send an email to [email protected]

Created on Jan 31, 2013 3:30:24 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.