What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Text results in SQL Sensor

Votes:

I want to return the results of a t-sql query or at least send an alert based on the presence of a substring in the query. I have my data options set to process sting data and Repsonse must not contain 'job'. I know the query returns data that should satisfy this condition but no alert is generated. Are there wildcards or additional formatting that is required?

thanks Brian

prtg query sql

Created on Jan 31, 2013 3:42:39 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

can you please upload a screenshot showing the "Settings" of this SQL-Sensor? Alternatively, please send it to [email protected] via email.

best regards.

Created on Jan 31, 2013 5:25:05 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Below is the configuration using the 'dump to clipboard' function within PRTG. The t-sql code is deleted but I know this returns a value after testing in SSMS. The query returns 3 fields and the 3rd field should always have the word 'job' as a substring. I want to raise an alert and ideally include the query output if any rows are returned.

I have a dumbed-down version of the monitor that just counts the rows in the query and raises an alert if the count is greater than 0. However, it's the actual query results that are needed.

Thanks Brian

'name_':'JobQueue+Stuck+Jobs',
'tags_':'sqlsensor',
'priority_':'3',
'timeout_':'60',
'instance_':'',
'useport_':'0',
'port_':'1433',
'database_':'JobQueue',
'authentication_':'1',
'user_':'',
'password_':'',
'sql_':<T-SQL code snipped>',
'hasresultset_':'2',
'getrecordcount_':'0',
'datawarningmode_':'0',
'datalimitwarning_':'0',
'datadownmode_':'0',
'datalimitdown_':'0',
'includemust_':'',
'includemustnot_':'job',
'primarychannel_':'2%7CValue%7C',
'stack_':'0',
'stackunit_':'%3Fraw-s5%7C%23',
'intervalgroup':'0',
'intervalgroup':'1',
'interval_':'60%7C60+seconds',
'inherittriggers':'1',
'scheduledependency':'0',
'scheduledependency':'1',
'schedule_':'-1%7CNone%7C',
'dependencytype_':'0',
'dependency_':'',
'depdelay_':'0',
'id':'21011'

Created on Jan 31, 2013 6:31:55 PM

Last change on Feb 1, 2013 10:54:15 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Can you please try changing the SQL-Query so that it does only return one field, the one you are looking to check? Does it work then?

Created on Feb 1, 2013 10:55:08 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.