What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HTTP Advanced Sensor does not find any Keyword

Votes:

Hi,

I need do check the availablility of an Citrix WebInterface Logon Page, but the HTTP Advanced Sensor does not find any Keyword.

Is here anyone how can help me?

http-advanced prtg string

Created on Feb 1, 2013 12:45:39 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

how is the HTTP-Advanced Sensor set up? Is the page (which shall be monitored) "public" so that we could have a look at it?

best regards.

Created on Feb 1, 2013 4:55:03 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

No the page is not online at least not for public, but it is a standard Citrix WebInterface 5.4 Login page. I also created a small test page including the plain text words “Hello World”, but the sensor cannot find “hello” or “world” or “Hello World” (without quotes)

The sensor use the request method GET and the "Enable key word check (positive)" and looking for plaint text Hello

jacques

Created on Feb 4, 2013 8:34:04 AM

Votes:

sorry, small correction... the sensor IS working with the test page!!!

Created on Feb 4, 2013 9:09:48 AM

Votes:

Does the sensor wok with the normal login page without the keyword check?

Created on Feb 4, 2013 10:20:16 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, without the keyword and with * as keyword, the sensor is working as expected! I’m using the “View Source” function of IE to determine the keyword I would like to check for. The keywords I tried are part of the page header and/or the body of the source page

Created on Feb 4, 2013 10:34:45 AM

Votes:

Could it be that the Sensor then sees a different version of the page due to the different User Agent of IE vs. the sensor?

Created on Feb 5, 2013 9:45:44 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.