What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor Cisco WLC 2125

Votes:

Hi !!

Is there any posibility to monitor an cisco WLan Controler. I´d like to know which Access Points are online, which Clients are online on which AP´s and so on. I imported an snmp walk with about 20000 OID´s and i can´t find out how to use them seriously.

greetings Gerhard

cisco prtg snmp wlan wlc

Created on Feb 1, 2013 12:56:03 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

did you maybe check Cisco, if they offer any MIB-Files that you can import with our MIB-Importer (https://www.paessler.com/tools/mibimporter) to monitor this? Or if they could tell you the necessary (most important) OIDs?

best regards.

Created on Feb 1, 2013 4:56:16 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello !!!!

On this way i got over 20000 sensors with very less explanations. cisco will be the next step to ask.

greetings

Created on Feb 2, 2013 8:08:44 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

If you're looking to monitor a WLC, please have a look here as we have a custom device template for it now:

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Aug 22, 2017 9:24:35 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.