What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is there an easy way to tell which sensors is which when you multipick?

Votes:

So, if I have two servers, and they both have the same sensors (say CPU), if I am in Live Graph and choose both CPU sensors, I don't know which one is for which server, unless I put the name of the server after the sensor (i.e. CPU - Server1).

Is there an easy way to include the server name when you do a multipick?

Is there an easy way to add the server name to all the sensors in my servers group?

Thanks! Mike

graph live multipick

Created on Feb 7, 2013 5:34:18 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Did you try hovering over the sensors, then you should get a popup with detail information about the sensor and its parent device & group.

>>Is there an easy way to add the server name to all the sensors in my servers group?
Sorry, no.

Created on Feb 8, 2013 3:23:15 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hmm, I tried hovering over the sensor in the left column, and nothing happens (although it's pretty easy here to tell who the sensor belongs to). It on the graph side of the screen, if you pick two CPU sensors, you don't know which one is which? I tried hovering over everything on the right side and didn't see any popups? It'd sure be nice if you multi-pick that it would just add the name of the device to the graph legend.

Created on Feb 8, 2013 6:36:52 PM

Votes:

Hello,

are you on the web interface or the Enterprise console?

Created on Feb 11, 2013 7:02:41 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm on the Enterprise Console (v13.1.1.1182).

Created on Feb 11, 2013 2:10:08 PM

Votes:

Hello,

we can see and understand your issue. We will see what we can do to display this in a better way in the future.

Created on Feb 12, 2013 6:14:59 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.