What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

was the setup tab removed from the GUI on the latest update 13.1.1?

Votes:

We decided to test the new update available 13.1.1 for PRTG on stable channel, it was applied to our staging instance on PRTG. After the update was complete, i browse to the web interface and noticed that the "setup" tab/button is missing. Was it removed completely or just placed somewhere else? without the setup tab how can i browse to add new users to test? Or does this have to do with the free version update, because that is what we are running on the staging server (the free version).

Our Production instance will be updated after some clarification is done on this issue, just in case.

Thanks in advance.

free-edition setup update

Created on Feb 7, 2013 8:14:28 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Which precise channel are you using? Please forward us a screenshot of what you see to [email protected], with a reference to this thread.

Created on Feb 8, 2013 1:43:04 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

After sending this question, i went back to the PRTG web interface and realized that after the update was performed i was not using the admin account. So this item was a permissions issue on my end. Since i dont have the same permissions with my regular credentials as the PRTG admin account, I could not see all the tabs.

Thanks for your time and sorry about that.

Created on Feb 8, 2013 2:29:50 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.