What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SMS via COM port using SMSSender Freeware

Votes:

I would like to share another option to send SMS trough a COM port. Here (http://palkotools.wordpress.com/2011/06/01/smssender-en/) you can download a executable.

Simply create a new notification using EXE, point to SMSSender.exe. In the parameters we use: -p:COM3 -d:+31612345678 -t:int -msg:"%device %name %status %down (%message)"

Note that you can use the variables as PRTG describes.

exe-notification send sms sms-notification text-message

Created on Feb 14, 2013 12:23:49 PM

Last change on Feb 14, 2013 2:59:45 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

3 Replies

Votes:

I'm new to this sms notification, can you please provide how I can set this up in the sms sender freeware tool and in the prtg notification setup?

Created on Aug 16, 2013 1:10:07 PM

Votes:

Please help me ! How to send one SMS to multiple destination numbers? Thanks

Created on Mar 15, 2021 4:39:05 AM

Votes:

Hello,

In a notification template, in the section "Send SMS/Pager Message" you can type multiple comma separated phone numbers. The format depends on your SMS provider. Usual rules are: Start phone numbers with '+', followed by the country code. Do not use spaces in phone numbers.

Best regards

Created on Mar 16, 2021 1:42:34 PM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.