What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor to Monitor Backup Folder

Votes:

Looking for a way to monitor a folder on a windows workstation/server that will go into the error state when NO changes have occurred for 24 hours.

I have some imaged based backups that used Windows Shares (SMB) to backup to a separate location on the network. I am hoping to monitor the folders that contain the images to ensure that they are working at least once every 24 hours.

I have played around with the SMB and WMI sensors for this but can't seem to get it to do what I want.

Any Advice?

backup-monitoring folder folder-sensor smb

Created on Feb 17, 2013 6:02:11 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

use a folder sensor and add a limit to the age of the newest file that would turn the sensor into error state e.g. if newest file is 24h old.

Created on Feb 17, 2013 7:31:40 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.